- Name in Full: Raymond Kingsley WICKRAMASINGHE
- Date of Birth: 31th August 1962
Father: (Late) Frederick Thomas Goldi Wickramasinghe (Originally from Kegalle Parish)
Mother: Margaret Therese Thilakaratne (Originally from Uthuwankanda Parish)
Family: Two older brothers, Four older Sisters, One younger brother and a Sister.
Bishop Raymond is the seventh in the family.
Primary: Grade 1-6 at Pilapitiya Primary, Kelaniya.
Grade 7-11 at Mayurapadha Primary, Mawanella.
Secondary: Advanced Level: Piyatissa Maha Vidyalaya,Kalegana, Galle.
Minor Seminary: St. Francis Xavier’s Seminary, Kalegana, Galle -from 1977 – 1981.
Pre-Philosophate: “Daham Sevana” , Kalutara ,from 1982-1983.
Major Seminary: National Seminary, Ampitiya, Kandy, from 1983-1989.
Ordination to the Priesthood: For the diocese of Galle, by Late Bishop of Galle, Most Revd. Dr. W. Don Sylvester, on 05th August 1989
B.TH (Rome), S.T.L. (Rome), S.T.D. (Specialized in Moral Theology at the Alphonsian Academy,Rome – May 2001 – Magna Cum Laude).
- 1st Sept. 1989 – 30th August 1990: Assistant Parish Priest at Ratnapura.
- 1st Sept. 1990 – 17th April 1991: Rector of the Minor Seminary, Galle.
- 1st May 1991 – 5th January 1992: Assistant Parish Priest at Balangoda.
- 10th January 1992-18th October 1992: Secretary to the Bishop of Galle (Bishop W. Don Sylvester) and Assistant Parish Priest of St. Mary’s Cathedral, Galle.
- 19th October 1992 – 15th April 1994: Parish Priest of St. Anthony’s Church, Rakwana & the Administrator of the Vianney House, Bulutota.
- 20th April 1994 – 20th June 1996: Secretary to the Bishop of Galle.
- 25th June 1996 – 25th June 1998: in - Collegio San Paolo, Rome, for the Licentiate in Moral Theology at the Alphonsian Academy.
- 1st November 1998 – 30th June 1999: Secretary to the Bishop of Galle.
- 1st July 1999 – 25th September 2001: in - Collegio San Paolo, Rome for the Doctorate in Moral Theology at the Alphonsian Academy. Defended the Thesis on 5th May 2001.
- 28th October 2001 – 15th January 2003: Parish Priest of St. Francis Xavier’s Church, Kalegana, Galle.
- 21st October 2001 – 15th March 2002: Director of Caritas-Sed Galle,the Diocesan Centre for Social and Economic Development .
- 12th November 2002 The Diocesan Director for Migrants, Health Care Workers, Tourists and Prisons.
- 16th January 2003 – 2005: Rector, St. Francis Xavier’s Seminary, Kalegana, Galle.
- 26th January 2006 – 11th May 2008: Parish Priest, St. Mary’s Cathedral, Galle Cum the Diocesan Director for Family Apostolate.
- 11th May 2008 – to date: Formator at the National Seminary, Kandy.
- 27th May 2011 - Named as the Bishop Elect of the Diocese of Galle.
- 31st August 2011 - Ordained as a Bishop and appointed as Bishop of Galle.
Other Responsibilities Held: From 1994 – 2008,
- Served as a Councillor and a Consultor of the Diocese.
- Member of the Diocesan Steering Committee and the Finance Committee.
- Member of the Papal Visit Committee in 1995.
- Represented Sri Lanka as one of the five member delegation of Young Clergy at a Conference organized by the FABC in Philippines in 1994.
- Served as one of the Secretaries at the Synod of Bishops for Asia, in Rome, in 1998.
- Represented Sri Lanka at the Asian Human Rights Commission held in Hong Kong in 2006.
- Represented Sri Lanka in 2007, for BILA-I on family in Pataya, Thailand organized by the FABC.